Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Florida

I'm here at my company's annual conference in Orlando Florida. There are certainly worse things you can do in january, as once you get past the sea of chinos and polo shirts, its actually nice and sunny. Just come back from a 70's nightclub to discover that the hotel shop stops selling beer at 01:30am and its merely 02:00. Land of the free? I don't think so.

Apart from the conference we managed to escape to the magic kingdom, although its not much of a kingdom if you ask me. Still, in amongst the pushchairs and the over nourished locals there was the chance to ride on a steam powered paddle steamer, and for 20 minutes I managed to feel at home as we traveled up a 'river'. You need to find these moments when you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home