Thursday, October 18, 2007

Paint it black
One little job that has been going on is painting the hatches black. This has taken place over the last few weeks when time and the weather have permitted. The finished result doesn't look too bad as shown here.



Continuing with the black theme is a new kettle bought for me by my sister as an early christmas present. In recent years there seems to have been a slight pattern of Beck buying me things that never get used. Some of them have gone on to enhance peoples lives in exotic locations such as Reading and Frankfurt. Still, I've actually used this and have even made Mary a cup of tea with it.



Now I can put it on ebay (just kidding).

The final black thing is this moorhen (coot actually, see comments), one of several that cruise around here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a Coot not a Moorhen. Moorhens have red beaks.

Like the blog by the way, keep it up.

10:50 AM  
Blogger flatplane8 said...

I stand corrected, I don't know a lot about birds (as several ex-girlfriends will testify to - yuk yuk!)

Thanks for the comment and input!

2:44 PM  
Blogger thesadshow said...

thought you might be able to recognise an old coot

6:01 AM  
Blogger thesadshow said...

this is dave by the way

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home