Monday, December 17, 2007

Ice Station IRIS?

I've been awake since about 4:00am today - insomnia seems to be a trait in my family - musing on the big questions of life.(why are we here, does God exist, do I have anything in for breakfast?)Part of the reason for staying awake was the constant creaking and groaning of what I guessed to be ice against the side of the hull.

Seeing as it was the middle of the night, many other possibilities presented themselves, such as we'd been cast adrift, or that all the water had drained from the canal and we were aground. I thought about getting up to investigate, but discounted this on the the grounds of it being cold and being dark. I did toy with the idea of waking Mary up and getting her to go and have a look, but I'm nothing if not wise when it comes to the ladies, and I could see that this would not go down well......

Anyhoo, here is a photo of a thin skim of ice at about 7:30am this morning. From all the noise it was making, I was assuming massive icebergs, so frankly, I'm a little disappointed. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't wake me :) Hope the icebergs don't ruin new year x

2:48 PM  
Blogger Bex said...

Sorry to have made your insomnia worse! I slept like a baby - probably helped by the vino consumed! My only defense is it was my birthday! How wise to let sleeping ladies lie!

7:18 PM  
Blogger flatplane8 said...

I blame mum for the insomnia ;-)

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home