Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No news is, well, no news
Not a lot has been happening boat-wise over the last week or so. I came back to the marina last night to find that IRIS and most of the other boats had been moved round, so I'm now about three places further along the dock. This in itself is no big problem, most marinas retain the right to move boats around when required, but I wished they'd let me know. Normally we get into IRIS on the port side door, so its the only one I carry a key for. So last night I had to work my way along the side deck in the dark and then retrieve the keys for the other side door. Following that, there was about ten minutes of fiddling with mooring ropes (and muttered cursing) as the boat was tied too close to the dock to open the side doors (IRIS sits quite low in the water compared to most narrowboats). I was a bit peeved about the whole thing.

Still, as predicted, it all looked better in the morning and I've been able to rearrange things so I can use the starboard side doors.

About the only other thing of note was the two foxes I saw this morning in the car park running round. Apparently there are small deer around too. This place is a veritable zoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home