Thursday, January 18, 2007

Pretty windy out there today, there are waves big enough to surf on rolling across the lake. One of the times when I'm reminded that I'm on a boat, as its constantly moving about in weather like this. Found one minor leak from one of the portholes I need to fix, but not in this weather.... ;-)

Got some more of my NZ wood to make a table from, so that'll keep me amused for a few evenings. Should make using the laptop easier, at the moment its perched on the corner of the chest of drawers.

My orignal plans for the alcove I created have changed. I've bought a couple of these futon cube things for seating. They can also unfold to be used as mattresess should anyone be foolish enough to venture out onto the river with me.




Speaking of which, I must admit I have become obsessed with the river and the water level. Its flowing incredibly fast at the moment, so my vague plans for a half term trip with my girlfriend are looking a bit shaky. As Clint said, 'A man's got to know his lmitations'. (I'll wait for Mat to correct me on that quote as I always get it slightly wrong)

So, just to remind me of summer, here I am going up the Thames. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this girlfriend character you have introduced into the story?

This is not a Terence Malick movie I hope, with new people turning up out of the blue?

Dave

6:42 AM  
Blogger flatplane8 said...

I'm just trying to keep it fresh and interesting. She may appear in future episodes.... :)

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a coy chap.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home