Monday, November 27, 2006

Again, not much done really, but I’ve managed to widen the bathroom door. I did this by taking the old one and building an overlapping ‘picture frame’ to make it about 100mm wider. I managed to find some wood the right width to fill in around the back and it actually seems to work fine. I re-hung the door on its original piano hinge, just need to put in the millions of screws to secure it properly now.



I also decided that building a raised base for the bed would be a good idea. Taking inspiration from Sarah’s Warrior blog, I pretty much copied what they did using £45 worth of wood from Travis Perkins. Only took a couple of hours to make – amazing what you can achieve if you’re willing to let precision slide.



The CO and smoke detector both failed within a week of buying them. In a fit of pique I decided to phone the manufacturer, FireAngel (http://www.fireangel.co.uk/) and was pleasantly surprised by their concern. They sent out a returns envelope so they could inspect both units and ended up replacing them for no cost. Guess I’ll need to find some other organisation to complain about – London Transport possibly?

The bathroom re-modelling is happening in the background, the new toilet arrived last week and the new tank has been made. Just need to sort out the final fittings and then the fun job of installing it all can begin.

The Friday evening project was to begin making some steps for the side hatch, currently there are a set of portable steps being used for this. I’ve been trying to use up some of my surplus wood that has been on the boat for one reason or another, and I find it quite entertaining scheming as to how I can use what I have, rather than go out and buy more. Simple pleasures eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Looks good - neater than ours!

8:52 PM  
Blogger flatplane8 said...

All covered by the mattress anyway ;-)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home