Monday, December 04, 2006

In this weeks exciting episode we find out what the door turned out like. Well, it works anyway as can be seen below. Not sure what to do about the newly added wood. Paint white? Contrasting colour? Or stain with something? All these choices eh?

These next couple of pictures show the side steps being constructed; note the efficient use of odd bits of wood and stuff.

The second picture shows them being glued and clamped. I’m using some really dark wood dye on them to get an almost black finish. Not sure why, just going with a hunch. I got the dye at hardware store in Kilburn, London.

While I was there I also picked up a sample pack of SPAX screws. I’d previously been using screws from Focus DIY etc. and really, a screws a screw right? But these SPAX screws are top German quality and seem to go into the wood like they’re Teflon coated. No slipping from using the drill to drive them in either. Paying extra is worth it – I’ll be going back for more.


Although there are no pictures, I have my new toilet sitting in its packing in the living room. A guy came round on Saturday to quote for plumbing it in, so it might even happen this side of Christmas.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does this mean you can't crap until boxing day?

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I notice you are showing off that Sonic Youth CD, but where is my Nick Cave one? You are keeping that one under your hat aren't you?

8:49 AM  
Blogger flatplane8 said...

What Nick Cave CD? I know nothing about that... ;-)

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home