Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bathroom
Its all been a bit quiet on the bathroom front, as I did a couple of minor projects (table etc.) that were more immediately gratifying. So on Saturday while Mary did some work on the laptop, I got down to the laying of the floor.

I'd previously treated the underfloor area (once I'd removed any loose rust and dirt) with an anti-corrosion wax. I couldn't reach all the areas I wanted to without dismantling the shower etc., but a couple of judiciously drilled holes helped out. I used the anti-corrosion wax from here. The aerosols came with a long probe (ooh-err) to get to those hard to reach places.

The next stage was to cut the floor tiles to shape. I'd previously got some tiles from the Rubber Floor Company in 'cinnamon', as this closely matches the raddle red paint used on the exterior decks. Tedious eh? :)

These two pictures show the glue being applied to the floor and left to go off a bit before putting the tiles back down.





Here is the (almost...) finished floor, just need to do something around the edges. Then it'll be onto the new sink to replace the old one I so rashly ripped out 5 weeks ago.



Finally, here is a reminder of what the old toilet looked like before......skank-tastic.

5 Comments:

Blogger MortimerBones said...

fantastic!!!!!!!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger S said...

That is a VERY smart floor. Perhaps I should have used that stuff in my back cabin

1:40 PM  
Blogger flatplane8 said...

Thanks, my friend Mat found the site ages ago and I just saved the link. Its nice to walk on and is easy to apply over less than level surfaces. You can also get the same stuff in a large sheet, should you want to avoid joins.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your little bathroom is ready in time for your birthday, so you have have a little bath!
Happy Birthday old salt!!

Dave

9:23 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

A birthday!? That went quietly, is it today?! I'll sing if you like (hmm, perhaps not!)

I am looking forward to more updates... as much as I like looking at the bathroom, I am feeling a little claustrophobic (I am sure it isn't spelt like that!)....

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home